How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam in supreme court and the law guardian just submitted an ...

Customer Question

Iam in supreme court and the law guardian just submitted an application for fees court orderd. My amount is 5,000.00. I never received bills from 1 year ago, just itemized billings with this application last week. I earn 7,000.00 a year. I don''t know if it is important for you to know the history of the case and his improper behavior. The previous law guardian (who wrote the rules and regulations for guardians , i think with oca) was on the case for over a year retired. The new guardian who is seeking fees was on the case for a few months and it was clear that he was completely for the custody tranfer my ex was seeking. The previous law guardian said my son was not going anywhere and he knew exactly what was going on in my case. he spoke with teachers, psychologists and therapists and my sons mentor. Custody was transferred last year because of this new guardian, my son is now 13. There is more but I don''t know if any is relavent to the question about what I can do about these fees.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break.


Can you please tell me what your legal question is? And I don't need the background right now. If I do, I'll ask you a few questions - ok? Thanks so much.

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my question is what options do I have since I cannot afford to pay the guadian these fees.
thank you
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Before I can answer that, I need to understand a couple more things.

To whom did the guardian submit his fees?

And is it your son being taken care of by the guardian?


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The guardian submitted his fees to the judge who made a court order for fees to be 50/50 between the parties.
the law guardian has not done any work since the case ended last year otherwise he would have included that in his application for fees.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

You could have challenged that when the judge entered the order.

You can ask for a reconsideration and/or appeal depending on how long the order was entered.

Meanwhile, if you don't have the money you don't have the money.


I'd be happy to keep writing. I want to make sure that you're a happy customer, so just let me know if I've missed something of importance to you.

If you have nothing left to write about, please click ACCEPT or I will not get paid for helping you.

We can still write after you pay. Feedback and Bonuses are gratefully appreciated.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "This is for Jane Doe Deer."

I wish you the best,


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the order was entered over a year ago by the judge and when it was discussed in chambers my attorney said that what the judge wants. can the judge put a judgment against my name with interest or a lein on my house. also, can I ask for a payment plan of $25 a month given my salary? The application is dated for this week. Should i write a letter to the judge or guardian.
Thank You
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Why don't you first try just picking up the phone and calling the guardian?

Is this case about you or your son?


Related Family Law Questions