How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I move out of state and re-marry, will my new ...

Customer Question

If I move out of state and re-marry, will my new wife''s income count towards the support I must pay? She has a child of her own.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

Generally, NO. This is so because a new spouse has absolutely no obligation to suppot the child in any way whatsoever.

The only real exception is if the new spouse works and the parent does not. In this instance, a court may take into account the new spouse's income to make sure the child is adequately supported.

Roger and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Adam.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
You're welcome and Good Luck.