How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33738
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently in the military getting ready to get on in ...

Resolved Question:

I am currently in the military getting ready to get on in march of 2009 I am not married to my son''s mom but I want to get joint cusody of my son how should I go about it I dont have money for a laywer. MY son and our home of record is Florida
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 years ago.
You can file for joint custody yourself but I don't recommend it. The best solution is to apply through legal aid for a lawyer.

There are legal aid offices all over Florida, but the best place to start is at this website They can point you in the right direction. If you go for joint custody and the mom hires a lawyer you are going to be at a tremendous disadvantage.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
JD 1992 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you