How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40989
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the guardian of my grandson while his mother in ...

Customer Question

I am the guardian of my grandson while his mother in in the army. His father is trying to take over and make decission about his well being. Can the father do this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. No if you have legal guardianship her you control. I will tell you that there have been numerous cases where the other parent here files for a change of custody. They are citing the deployment as a change of circumstances and winning a lot .

So be prepared for such a motion for custody, it might be next. My advice is to try and negotiate a peaceful resolution here knowing that there is potential custody trouble here. I wish you luck here..

Here's an article on the subject..

Related Family Law Questions