How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42252
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband wants to adopt my son. The biological ...

Customer Question

My husband wants to adopt my son. The biological father is willing to consent. In Oregon, do we need to be married at least a year before my husband can adopt my son?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If he signs a voluntary relinquishment of parental rights her you would not need to wait a year before filing. You are going to need a lawyer here to file for termination and step parent adoption in this situation.

The lawyer will prepare the relinquishment, termination and adoption pettiton as well as represent you here at the hearing. That way you will be protected from any problems here. Here below is a web page with more legal reference in this matter. Ther is a 90 day waiting period after you file here before they will grant it. I wish you good luck.