How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42235
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 15 y/o daughter does not want to stay at her mothers and ...

Customer Question

my 15 y/o daughter does not want to stay at her mothers and new boyfriends home .Last april my daughter called me and said her mother suprised her when she without warning decided to introduce her new significant others family during her joint custody. This upset her and she left the house an argument insued and she told her daughter "come home now ,or dont come back "she called me from the street and I picked her up. She has lived at my residence ever since. I brought my ex back to court yesterday for a change in custody and support over the phoneher attourney was agreeing to a amount. When I got to court her lawyer forced a motion to inforce the original custody agreement the judge warned me I must comply or face contempt charges. When I stated that she told her daughter not to return she called me a liar and said she believed I manipulated my daughter against her because I was jealous of her new happiness. Can I appeal the order?Harry Wisconsin
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You still have time to appeal this decision. It is time limited--usually this is 30 days from the time the order is signed here. You would need a lawyer here to perfect your appeal in such a situation.

I am sorry that you were ambushed here by the ex. It's not to late to file an appeal here but you need to get on the mater as soon as possible here. It will take a lawyer her some time to get up to speed and get it filed here. I wish you good luck..
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
This happened yesterday and I am to drop her off in 2 hours is there any way to stop it without a contempt charge?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
No you would be in potential contempt here. This is certainly appealable. But the lawyer would need all the time he can get here. You only have a short period--30 days to ask for a new hearing or appeal here and the time is running. Good luck here an sympathy for the situation...
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
You may also be able to file a motion for reconsideration here. A lawyer may assist you in getitng the judge to reconsider. It also buys you time to appeal...