How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i had a motion without notice served to me and i am

Customer Question

i had a motion without notice served to me and i am having a hard time finding a lawyer. Jut wondering what can be done cause i have to see my daughter at the supervised access center because there is no just cause for it. Also how many days do i have to reply to it
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information. Also, please keep in mind that when any of us at JA legal answers a question, we don't know what you, the customer, already knows about the issue unless we are told.

What state is this in and I will try to find the time to respond. I gather your daughter is the other party. What kind of a case and is there the name of her lawyer on the motion?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
No its my common law girlfriend that i am dealing with there was a motion without notice served with no custody order in place. the laws and rules on which the court relyed on were 14(4.2) of the Family Law Rules and 14(12) of the Family Law Rules. I am in Ontario. It was relying only on written material. She lied on all her affidavit and she wrote she lives on own when she lives with her parents. She is also trying to get me to pay the costs of the motion. Our seperation date is wrong, shes trying to get spousal support but i am really looking hard for a lawyer but they are all too busy. Her only reason she wrote that she seperated from me is that i wouldnt be home which is a lie she left me for another guy and i seemed to have lost everything because she leaves me
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

I am not a Canadian lawyer but believe I can help you find a lawyer.

Below is a link to a directory we lawyers use to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields. These lawyers are in the directory because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area. Look through the websites and call a few firms you feel are appropriate for your case.

Very large number of lawyers...I'm sure you will find one for you...I would probably start with the smaller firms.