How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of Texas, if I have my son 50% of the ...

This answer was rated:

In the state of Texas, if I have my son 50% of the time, am I obliged to also pay child support?
There is no set answer because the judge decides this on a case by case basis focusing entirely on the "best interest of the child". What I have seen them do pretty often is make each parent pay child support to the other parent. The theory is that this equalizes the resources available to the child at each home. I ahev also seen judges just let the child support obligations cance each other out, but this is rarer.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
JD 1992 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions