How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118061
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

having a restraining order, my kid father was court ordered ...

Customer Question

having a restraining order, my kid father was court ordered to get his children every other weekend, (we are not divorced yet, papers have been filed). But he is not consistant, and then tells my children all kinds of things while they are in his care, such as your mommy doesn't love you, im not going to be your daddy anymore after this weekend, and things along that line. I am really worried about their emotional well being. what step do i need to take to maybe reframe him from doing this to my kids?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You need to return to the court that issued the visitation/custody order and make a motion to modify the order based upon what occurring. Unfortunately, these types of things happen all of the time in these situations and unless you can prove by expert evidence that the statements he is making is causing the children extensive emotional harm, the court will merely admonish him not to make such statements and continue the order without change. Therefore, if you believe there is significant emotional damage being done, you need to take the children to a licensed professional for evaluation to present the evidence to the court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.