How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39019
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if someone sign away there parental rights can the sue to

Customer Question

if someone sign away there parental rights can the sue to get them back later
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 years ago.

No. A parental rights termination is final and complete. It makes parent and child "legal strangers" to each other.

A suit for custody after a parental rights termination would be the equivalent of a total stranger walking into court and requesting custody of someone else's child. The court would throw the suit out as frivolous.