How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13564
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a child with woman that is married with another man.

Resolved Question:

i have a child with woman that is married with another man. we had this child while they been married. now they live sepereted. she want let me see the child and she do not give me any rights to the kid . what are my chance to get child birth certificat that says i the father and can i get coustody ower the kid a
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, oftentimes there are future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

You have all the same rights as the mom! As soon as possible, with a custody attorneyperferable or without if you can't afford, you need to file a motion with the county family court where the child lives - a Motion for custody (possibly joint legal and/or residential, but if you think the child is best off living mostly with mom, then you seek liberal visitation with joint legal custody). If you are seeking residential custody, than you would also seek child support, but if the child will live with mom mostly, the Court will likekly order that you contribute financially to the support of your child, based on your respective incomes. If the mom won't admit you are the father, you will have to request the right for a paternity test as well, to prove you are the child's father - this shouldn't be a problem with the Court.

If you have to represent yourself, there are forms for just this type of thing at the Courthouse - ask the family court clerk and the nicer you are to them, the more likely they will be informative for you!

Good luck,

I hope you have found this information informative. If so, please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and so that I may receive credit for same from the company and so that you receive appropriate site recognition for accepting expert answers in a timely fashion. Your promptness is greatly appreciated. Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need to follow up or don't understand an answer, please feel free to follow up with me! In addition, if you have future legal questions, please feel free to ask me directly by including my name "Stephanie Joy" in the body of your subject.


Stephanie Joy

Please note: A times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back, so never fear.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is a via a retainer and fee agreement at my standard billable hour rate of $275.00, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only research, resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you and have a great day.

AlexiaEsq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you