How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anything I can do to get this divorce done?

Customer Question

Is there anything I can do to get this divorce done?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?What state is this in and what are the facts here holding up the matter,,

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
My divorce was filed in Tennessee in May 2007. In Jan 2008, it went to the chancery court in Memphis. I was told I did not have to go because it was my husband who filed. IN Tennessee there is a 128 day rule or something so the parenting plan was signed by the judge but not the marital dissolution agreement. So now it is almost September and still nothing is being done. Accordng to my lawyer, my husband owes his lawyer money. We no longer live in Tennessee, we live in Texas now. Can I just have the whole divorce thrown out and start over in Texas.