How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 573
Experience:  Family law experience and many years of legal analysis and research
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can cps make me move out of my home

Customer Question

My husband, my son and I live with his mother, sister, and boyfriend. Can they make me move cause of drugs?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Mike replied 9 years ago.
CPS can give you a choice, you displace your self or, they could actually remove the children, and place them in the system, and this will force a long court battle to get the kids back, thus if you have a good attorney, and are okay to fight a hard battle, and if the allegation have no merit, I would advise a client to absolutley fight. But, if there is truth to the story, try to work with CPS, and not against them.

IC 12-13-5-3 Allows DCS to remove and place your children into emergency housing and further place the children into foster home setting.