How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her husband have two children. One is ...

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband have two children. One is five the other is three. I have participated in raising both for the last three years. Now my daughter has fallen in love with a woman who lives with them. They have not hidden Lesbian DVD''s, books, magazines and boxes of sex toys. The adults and children run around nude most of the time. My babies are left behind in that home. Of course, I do not get to see them anymore. My daughter knows I do not approve. But, my psychologist has reassured me that I do not have to like this situation. But, I can not do anything about it either. My grandbabies would like to see me. They miss me very much, and they definitely do not understand. Is there any help for me? Nana in Kinsley Kansas.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am looking forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

I'm not quite clear on what question you are asking. Are you trying to obtain visitation? Are you worried about the children's welfare?

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jane Doe Deer



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Is there any way that I can have my grandchildren a week end out of the month?
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

I trust that you've tried asking and this hasn't worked.

Have you tried contacting Child Protective Services about what's going on in the house?

Actually, you are lucky. Kansas, unlike most other states, has a grandparent visitation law.

You'd have to go to court, however. Do you want instructions on how to do this yourself, or will you be using a family law attorney to do this for you?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Is Child Protective Services the same as SRS? SRS does not have a good reputation, they sometimes do more harm than good. I do have a family lawyer. These kind of court proceedings usually airs the dirty laundry from both sides. I guess what I really needed to know, and thanks to you I have confirmation that Kansas does have grandparent visitation rights. After I have digested this information can I contact you again? I am sure I will have more questions. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX super.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Certainly! Ask for me by name any time by saying "This is for Jane Doe Deer."

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX't forget to click "accept" so that I get paid!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Where do I accept your answer? I guess I have overlooked it somewhere. Yes, Jane you have helped me. I may have questions in the near future,but, I am okay for now. Thank you for your expertice. Is your name native american?
Mine is Iroqouis.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX (pretend name). Where I live I have lots of deer.

Your name is beautiful.

If you look around you should see a place to click "accept" and also a place to give me feedback.


Related Family Law Questions