How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41001
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My stepdaughter hates me & blames me for her father ...

Customer Question

My stepdaughter hates me & blames me for her father leaving her mother. As a result she will not allow me to visit her 1 year-old daughter (our only granddaughter). Do my husband & I have any visitation rights as grandparents?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Yes you have grandparent rights in Ohio. You have the right to court ordered vistation if the court finds that you have an interest in the child and that it should be ordered. Please review the website below as it has more information and reference for you here. Youmay need to obtain a lawyer to file here and represent you. I woudl encourage you to do so. I'm sorry that you have not been allowed fair visitation here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
they live in Kentucky & we live in Ohio. Which state law would prevail?

Related Family Law Questions