How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Ex has custody of our children we share joint legal she ...

This answer was rated:

My Ex has custody of our children we share joint legal she let and signed out my 16 year old son without talking to me till the deed was done. Can she do this?
Could you please clarify what she "let and signed out....and what was done without your consent"?

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: All she told me was that she signed him out because he was to far behind to finish. State of Nevada.She let him drop out and she singed I think.
Sign him out for what?

Does she have primary custody?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: She let him drop out of School without my consent.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes she has physical custody
Thank you for your reply.

In Nevada a joint legal custody arrangement means that both parents have an equal say in major decisions about medical treatment, education, or religious training. So to answer your question, she violated the joint custody arrangement (unless your custody orders say otherwise). The decision should have been mutual and not one sided.

You can enforce violation of the court orders by filing a motion for contempt. She will be given an opportunity to provide good cause for doing what she did and the judge has the discretion to sanction her. The judge can also order that she re-enroll him. You also have the opportunity to file for a modification of the current custody orders to see whether changes should be done in terms of custody or decision making authority.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you