Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Our court order was recently modified. I thought we were ...

Customer Question
Our court order was recently...
Our court order was recently modified. I thought we were just switiching a night of the week and somehow, it has now been written that we have joint physical custody when before I had joint physical custody and we had joint decision making custody. (health and education) My ex husband is now demanding that if I am away from the children for 2 hours or more that they be brought to him. He is having a dispute with his parents and is not allowing them to see the children. I tend to let the children spend a significant amount of time with their grandparents on my time. They have always been parent of the childrens lives. Does joint physical custody mean that he has the right to demand I only leave them with him and that I am not allowed to choose who spends time with the children on my time?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2008
Family Lawyer: Mike, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Mike, Lawyer
Yes, he can require that he be given preferrence to watch the kids before another person, whether it is family or not. The court would give him and you preference over others.
Mike, Lawyer
Mike, Lawyer