How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40993
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my uncle and I have 3 kids of our own and now we want to ...

Resolved Question:

my uncle and I have 3 kids of our own and now we want to legally get married, where can we go?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Here are the requirements for all fifty states on the web page below. You would have to check them here about blood relatives. Thay are all a little bit differrent. In Nevada it's second cousins or closer..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
done that, and they don't allow such marriages, That's why I'm asking where or who will allowed our marrige?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
I read this again and it can't happen in any of the 50 states. I'm not sure if there is any country that would allow it. Sorry I couldnt' find one that would permit it...
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have also search on this site. The reason for emailing you was because I thought you would be able to tell where ( name of state ) to go or what state will allow our marriage?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
No state in the United States will allow a marriage of an uncle and a niece. This is considered closer than a first cousin and thus barred. You would have to find somewhere overseas. There are genetic reasons for not allowing this to happen here.Sorry but not in the U.S. anywhere...
RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions