Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What has final authority when the divorce decree ...

Customer Question
What has final authority when...
What has final authority when the divorce decree contradicts itself, the custody worksheet or the actual decree. (State of Utah)
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/1/2008
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thanks for your question. Generally the decree should control. It is not unheard of that you have to return to court to reconcile the matter if there is disagreement and it can't be settled one way or the other. The court ultimately has the say but they usually follow the decree since all including the judge signed here.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Reply toCustomers Post: If my divorce decree states that I am to pay $50 per week per child and the child support worksheet states $553 per month, which do I pay?
The decree is binding here to me. The worksheet if I understand you is jsut something you fill out to estimate to negotiate your support amount that your income guidelines estimate you owe. Usually it's what the court orders in the decree here that reflects what the court actually determined that you should pay..

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer