How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christian Your Own Question
Christian, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 17
Experience:  CA licensed attorney since 1995. Practice limited to family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christian is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a son, 21 years old, who, for the last two

Resolved Question:

I have a son, 21 years old, who, for the last two years has been trying to lose weight in order to make the requirement for enlisting in the Navy. I have paid a personal trainer more than 2000$ over the last two years to try to achieve this. In addition, he is negligent about looking for a job, and school at this point doesn''t interest him.Currently, he is very close to making weight again. Nonetheless, my wife and I would like to put some legal pressure on him. We like to give him a time limit to remain in our home until he makes weight and is assigned to basic training...perhaps a two to 4 week one. Can this be done?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christian replied 9 years ago.


Your son has reached the age of majority. While it sounds like you have bent over backwards to help him out, he is legally an adult. I assume when you say "legal pressure" you are referring to removing him from your residence. If you give him a deadline to leave the residence, and he does not comply, you will most likely be faced with needing to evict him legally. There are legal requirements that must be met in an eviction and a real estate attorney in your area can help with this.

Good luck.

Christian and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you