How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 573
Experience:  Family law experience and many years of legal analysis and research
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 9 year old son. His mother and I were never ...

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old son. His mother and I were never married. We split up 3 years ago. I provide the home that they live in, vehicle and auto insurance for her, as well as all living utilities (electricity, gas, water, etc.). We previously agreed that our son would spend every other weekend with me (we live less than 2 miles from each other), and I have him During the evenings on Tuesdays & Thursdays. This past Father''s Day, my son''s mother told me that I couldn''t see our son anymore because she and I can''t communicate. She will not answer my calls and I still have not seen my son. What should I do to have my visitation with my son mandated?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Mike replied 9 years ago.
You need to file a petition for custody nad/or visitation, as the court does not care if you and her cannot get along, they only care about what is in the best interest of the child. If you have an agreement (written) attach a copy with the petition for visitation.

Mike and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Mike's Post: Is it possible to obtain a legal custody/ visitation order without a trial or hearing?
Expert:  Mike replied 9 years ago.
Yes, but if the other party contests it, the answer woud be no, then there would be a hearing.