How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced a year. I have physical custody of my ...

This answer was rated:

I have been divorced a year. I have physical custody of my two children, 6 and 3. They''re dad has visitation of about 10 days a month. My 3 year old recently had an operation on her skull and it has been a nightmare to get her dad to comply with recovery instructions. We have a zillion Dr. appointments and follow ups. When the kids are with him he neglects to bathe them, to make our daughter wear her glasses, to take care of my daughter''s stitches properly... It never ends. He is a good dad in the sense he takes them to a lot of places and buys them a lot of things. But he is not responsible when it comes to my children''s health. I want to go back to court and get his visitation revised to less time. I am a single mom and can''t afford an attorney. What should I do?
In general to change the custody orders you would need to prepare a motion requesting modification. A change in circumstances affecting the child's best interests is required for a review hearing to take place. So father's lack of responsibility can be considered a change in circumstances at least for your three-year old who has had the operation.

You can access the modification forms for Oregon (which I am assuming that is the state you are from based on your username here. If Oregon is not the state, please let me know so I can see if there are any court forms available online.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice.I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.
Attorney & Mediator and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions