Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What are my friends options/chances to get her children

Customer Question
There were accusations made towards...
There were accusations made towards her of leaving the children alone, drug use, and permiscuous behavior. Officer told her to voluntarily give children up to Child protective services because it would be easier on her. She did so, and now she is going back to court for fight for custody of them and CPS has closed the case with no negative feedback.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/1/2008
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 years ago
If she has a positive report from CPS and proof she had no drug use, then the chances are fairly good that she will get her children back. She should get a lawyer to assist her because fighting to get custody back from CPS is not easy. If she cannot afford a lawyer, she can call the state bar and ask about the pro bono referral program to get a lawyer for free.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer