How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to get a simple transfer of guardian letter sighned ...

Resolved Question:

i need to get a simple transfer of guardian letter sighned and notorized by my childrens mother and myself. what do i need to do to make this happen?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Hi and thanks for contacting Just Answer.

What state are you in?

And can you please provide some more background info for me?



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I live in north carolina, and my children live in west virginia. what type of background information do you need? this is a simple transfer of parental guardianship. There is no discrepancies between myself and the mother. we both agree that my oldest son would have more oportunities here in north carolina for education. our son is in agreement about this and is the one who suggested living with me,here. There was never any court custody arangement between us,it was set up through north carolina social services only. my case worker with dss told me that all we had to do was get an attorney or a letter signed and notorized by both of us transfering custody for medical and tobe able toenroll him in school here, ect... is there a legal form that we can use from the library, or should we go through an attorney? this needs to be done quickly for the both of us.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You probably should go through an attorney in West Virginia to draw up something for you. I realize that that is not much help.

If you'd like, I can try to find another expert to help you.


Jane Doe Deer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you