How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask OnPointLegal Your Own Question
OnPointLegal, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 545
Experience:  20+ years of legal experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
OnPointLegal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex boyfried still lives with me and doesnt pay ...

Customer Question

My ex boyfried still lives with me and doesn''t pay rent. He won''t leave, what are my options? He isn''t on the lease.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  OnPointLegal replied 9 years ago.
If you really want him out,

1) first, I assume you have asked him; if not, try that,

2) second, I assume you don't think he is violent in any way (if so, totally different answer);

3) third, I assume he is not on the lease (you said he doesn't pay, but I wanted to check this one);

4) fourth, I assume (for no good reason - but I hope this is safe), he is not prone to any type of physical violence;

5) assuming 1, 2,3 and 4, tell him in no uncertain terms you want him out (no uncertain terms, given it sounds like he wont leave, include you will call the police);

6) calll the police if 5 doesnt work.

7) if 4 is not a correct assumption, I would leave NOW and then proceed with 4.

Related Family Law Questions