Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have a law practice that is largely dedicated to family law matters.
635143

MY SONS FATHER HAS A TWO WEEK VISITATION

Customer Question

MY SON''S FATHER HAS A TWO WEEK VISITATION DURING THE SUMMER WITH OUR SON ...THE FATHER LIVES IN FLORIDA AND WE LIVE IN TN...OUR SON DOES NOT WANT TO GO TO VISIT DUE TO RECENT DRUG ARRESTS OF HIS UNCLE AND THE FATHER IS DEALING DRUGS ...I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE FATHER LIVES ONLY A PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT HIM. DOES THE CHILD HAVE TO VISIT?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.

Is there a court order in place ordering visitation?

-KAT

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Law Girl's Post: yes, he is allowed 2 weeks visitation during the summer and every other Christmas/Thanksgiving which he usually doesn't take.
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

If there is a court order in place, then you must force your child to go to the visitation. Failure for you to do this will result in your being in contempt of the court order which may carry the penalty of jail and/or a fine.

However, if you fear for your child's safety because of your ex' involvement in drugs, then you should go into court to have the order modified. However, merely ignoring the order is not a good option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you!
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.

No problem.

Best of luck to you!

-KAT