How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cowgirl Lawyer Your Own Question
Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1422
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. Family law, child custody and support, domestic violence.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Cowgirl Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Received advice from you in March re relocation.... Have ...

Resolved Question:

Received advice from you in March re: relocation.... Have perm. physical custody/joint legal of my daughter and going thru the relocation process now. Had first court date last week (went well); have mediation july 2nd.
Would like to take daughter home for one week to WI to visit grandma, aunt, cousins and my husband. I already requested my first vacation week over 30 days ago w/ father, but didn't tell him yet about going to WI.

Q: I swore i seen in the divorce papers a NRS # XXXXX i can take child out of state as long as i provide the other parent with itiniary, phone #'s, etc.

Do you have that NRS # XXXXX what is the proper wording i should use when i give him the information?

Your quick response is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 9 years ago.
Hello again,Customer

I am glad that it is going well for you so far. It is likely that the court entered an order pursuant to NRS 125D.190, which is referred to as an abduction prevention order. Part of that statute reads as follows:

3. An abduction prevention order may include one or more of the following:

(a) An imposition of travel restrictions that require that a party traveling with the child outside a designated geographical area provide the other party with the following:

(1) The travel itinerary of the child;

(2) A list of physical addresses and telephone numbers at which the child can be reached at specified times; and

(3) Copies of all travel documents;

If you have such an order included in your divorce, then you should comply with those terms.

Good luck to you!

Please ACCEPT. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated!

Gloria Morris

Attorney at Law

Legal Disclaimer: The information I am providing you is for informational and research use only. You are paying me only for such information. The information is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. As the law is constantly changing, you are advised to consult with legal counsel in your area for specific information relevant to your situation.

Cowgirl Lawyer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you