How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118708
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to get a NH child visitation order

This answer was rated:

I''m trying to get a NH child visitation order enforced in FL where my children now live. My ex-wife is refusing to let me see my children according to the ordered schedule. In Manatee County, I filed an "Emegency Verified Petition For Child Pick-Up Order" (a FL state form) and the judge denied it saying this was not an emergency. He said I should schedule regular hearing time. Question 1: Do I need to write a new petition/motion for the hearing or just use the "Emergency" one? Question 2: I had to get certified copies of all relevant orders from NH to file with petition. Do I need to get new certified copies for this hearing?   Thanks very much for your help. -- Miles
You will need to file a new petition for enforcment of the foreign visitation order. You will need the same documents already filed, you should not have to get new certified copies of the orders and you can reference the emergency petition already filed for the certified copies. The Florida court should and most likely will recognize your foreign order and will most likely order that it be enforced.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you