How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When a child has been unhappy with living with their ...

Customer Question

When a child has been unhappy with living with their parents from all of the loud verbal fighting between them for years.Now the child is twelve and wants to move out or run away from them.The mom was sixteen when she had the child and for the first two to three years of her life she lived with mom and grandparents. Since that that time she has been removed from their custody by cps from abuse by her father. Now she wants to go and live with her grandparents where she does not have to put up with it anymore. During the school year she spends a lot of time in school or if possible witha friend on weekends just to get away from them.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
I am assuming your question is that you would like to try for custody again. According to the information you provided here, since the child has been removed by CPS, you will need to speak with the caseworker in charge to be assessed for relative placement. The caseworker needs to see if the grandparents are suitable placement for the child and may check your household, income, health, criminal history and fitness to take care of your grandchild now. Since CPS has removed her, you need to speak with the caseworker to consider placement with you.

If this was not your questions, please let me know.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: Can not accept. Reason been down that road with CPS. There answer to that is that the is better off with parents because of no physical abuse or with foster parents. Grandparents do not have any rights in Texas when it comes to grandchildren.Thank You
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
No problem. All the best.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
can a twelve yr. old child specify whom they want to live with at that age without parents concent or knowledge

Related Family Law Questions