Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daugthers daugther was taken away from her and

Customer Question
My daugther''s daugther was taken...
My daugther''s daugther was taken away from her and given to the other parent. He was told by the judge to get counseling by a professionl. It has been over a year and he still has not done so. I''am know that, he has not complied because he done want pay for it, and he is afraid of what the counseling will reveil. Can my daugther ask the court to make him take her to counseling.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/2/2008
Family Lawyer: Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Cowgirl Lawyer
When a party does not comply with a court order, that party may be brought in for a hearing on whether that party should be held in contempt of court. So yes, your daughter can bring the matter back into court and let the court know that its order is not being followed. The court can enforce its order with its contempt powers. Contempt powers include the possibility of fines and jail time if he does not comply.

Good luck to you!

Please ACCEPT. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated!

Gloria Morris

Legal Disclaimer: The information I am providing you is for informational and research use only. You are paying me only for such information. The information is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. As the law is constantly changing, you are advised to consult with legal counsel in your area for specific information relevant to your situation.

Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer