How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cowgirl Lawyer Your Own Question
Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1422
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. Family law, child custody and support, domestic violence.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Cowgirl Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daugthers daugther was taken away from her and

Resolved Question:

My daugther''s daugther was taken away from her and given to the other parent. He was told by the judge to get counseling by a professionl. It has been over a year and he still has not done so. I''am know that, he has not complied because he done want pay for it, and he is afraid of what the counseling will reveil. Can my daugther ask the court to make him take her to counseling.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 9 years ago.
When a party does not comply with a court order, that party may be brought in for a hearing on whether that party should be held in contempt of court. So yes, your daughter can bring the matter back into court and let the court know that its order is not being followed. The court can enforce its order with its contempt powers. Contempt powers include the possibility of fines and jail time if he does not comply.

Good luck to you!

Please ACCEPT. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated!

Gloria Morris

Attorney at Law

Legal Disclaimer: The information I am providing you is for informational and research use only. You are paying me only for such information. The information is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. As the law is constantly changing, you are advised to consult with legal counsel in your area for specific information relevant to your situation.

Cowgirl Lawyer and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions