How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39045
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife (who is Korean) moved out of our house when she was ...

This answer was rated:

My wife (who is Korean) moved out of our house when she was 7 months pregnant with our child & moved to another town about 50 miles away. She left me with ALL the bills, mortgage payments, etc. She is a teacher & got an apartment &pays only things she got after she moved out. The baby was born & I have to "make an appointment" to see him & she has never allowed me to take him anywhere without her being there - even if it''s just to see my mother & family. I am an independent contractor & had my work vehicle picked up once for lack of payment & my house is about to be foreclosed on. All the money I make goes to bills but I constantly stay behind because there is no contribution from her. Every time I want to see my son who is 16 months old now, I have to go to her house (100 miles round trip). What rights do I have as a separated person in relation to my wife helping with bills that she helped create? What rights do I have regarding my son?
You have the right to petition the court for custody of your child, so that there will be a specific parenting plan in force that you can depend on. You should have done this immediately after the child was born. The longer you wait, the worse your position becomes.
socrateaser and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to socrateaser's Post: What is mean by this statement: By “accepting” this answer you declare that our correspondence is solely for fun, that you will not rely on it, and that your payment is given soley out of genuine affection, respect and admiration.

...solely for FUN and that I will not rely on your answer?? I just paid you $15 and now you're telling me I can't rely on the answer?
Please explain.

Pardon me, but you haven't paid me anything yet, according to what I see here. And, unless you agree to my conditions, I would prefer that you do not pay me.

I will answer your question for free. Simple as that.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Well, it may not have shown up yet but I certainly processed by credit card for $15.00. I DO accept your answer for the first question - just needed some clarification about that statement.

Seriously, if you don't feel comfortable with anything that I've done, you can request a refund from, and I will approve it.

I don't know what the other legal experts are here for. But, I'm here to help people who need help. The money, if it comes, is welcome, but not required.


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
You also stated, "I will answer your question for free. Simple as that."

Is that what you meant or did you mean you will NOT answer it for free?
I will answer it for free.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your help - sorry to have been such a pain. One other thing - do you make recommendations for lawyers in specific towns? If so, could you recommend one for me in Georgetown, TX - Austin area? I would appreciate it even tho I don't have any money to pay him. Thanks again.


I'm sorry, but I don't know any Georgetown, TX attorneys who I can recommend. Try searching at