How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has moved from fl to tn he has a 5 yr old in fl

Resolved Question:

my son has moved from fl to tn he has a 5 yr old in fl he does not want to take her from her mother , they were never married, he just wants visitation what rights does he have and what does he need to do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me, is your son's name on the birth certificate or has paternity been established?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: his name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate there is no question of paternity
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Since his name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate he is considered the legal father. To request visitation he would need to do this in Florida as the child is a resident of that state. He would need to petition the court to establish custody and visitation. He needs to contact the Florida court in the county where the child is a resident and request the petition there. I was unable to find the form on their court website [here] so he needs to request the packet from them.

In Florida the court gives the non-custodial parent liberal and flexible visitation rights. For example he could get longer times in the summer, alternating winter or spring breaks, continual phone contact. He can review the standard visitation schedule for a long distance visitation below to get an idea. Again to get started he would need to petition the court for custody and visitation in Florida.


If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions