Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband is an airline pilot. After a stupid (on ...

My husband is an airline...
My husband is an airline pilot. After a stupid (on his part) over night affair with a flight attendant, she threatened him with pregnancy (which she wasn''t) and then made him continue the affair by threatening to tell me (his wife) what happened. She has verbally admitted this to me and somewhat in e mails. This has pretty much destroyed my marriage. He admitted to the one night mistake, but that he felt trapped into continuing the relationship because of constant threats. Can I sue her?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2008
Attorney & Mediator
What state are you in?

Thanks
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: I am in St. Louis, Missouri
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately lawsuits against the third party (called alienation of affection) have been abolished in Missouri since June 17,2003.

Some injured spouses have attempted to sue the third party under an intentional infliction of emotional distress claim, this is a tough case to prove, but the general elements to sustain a cause of action are as follows:

1)Behavior is intentional or reckless
2) Behavior is extreme or outrageous
3) The behavior caused several emotional distress on the aggrieved spouse.

If you believe you can sustain these elements, then please have an attorney to represent you as these cases are tough to go it alone.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer