How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David (Esq.) Your Own Question
David (Esq.)
David (Esq.), Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32
Experience:  Over ten years practicing primarily family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
David (Esq.) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of legal remedy do I have for an ex ...

This answer was rated:

What kind of legal remedy do I have for an ex sister-in-law, who is power of attorney for my former spouse; to prevent her from obtaining information regarding my personal yet still joint finances with my ex-spouse? She contacts my mortgage company to find out about the payments made to my account and the balance due she has also used my spouse''s social security number to pull his credit report to locate any joint accounts and balance information. We still have a property settlement pending. She is power of attorney for his finances not OUR finances. Yet only the joint finances interest her. My ex-spouse handles paying his own bills. It appears she is abusing the power of attorney for only the finances she is interested in. I have been paying all joint finances including the mortgage and I am living in the martial home.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.
David (Esq.) and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you