Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My boyfriend and his exwife live 2 hours apart. They have ...

My boyfriend and his exwife...
My boyfriend and his exwife live 2 hours apart. They have 2 children (son 9, daughter 6) that live primarily with the mother. The children visit with him every 3rd weekend with additional time at holidays and summer. He wants to talk to his children everyday via the telephone, and although these conversations are sometimes short (under 5 minutes) they are important to him. She doesn''t want these phone conversations to take place anymore. She wants them to happen 1x per week. This has been a very contentious issue between them. If this goes before a judge, what are the possible outcomes?
6/1/2008
Judges make rulings on these issues based upon the best interest of the child. If this goes to a court over telephone calls a judge is not likely to look very kindly upon someone trying to restrict telephone conversations with the children absent some reason, like interferring with school work or causing some type of trauma to the children. The court may limit the calls to every other day or something, but should not tell him he can only call once a week.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Thank you so much for answering, I realise that going to court anything can happen but your reply was very reassuring and in conjuncion with what I though as well. I am very happy with the service provided and in the timely manner that it was delivered. Thanks so much.
Thank you so much. I am glad I could help.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer