How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I pay 600.00 a month in child support. the last 3 ...

Resolved Question:

I pay 600.00 a month in child support. the last 3 months I paid 400.00 a month due to loss of regular income. The 400.00 was applied every month for those 3 months, but I received something in the mail from child support, saying I owe 2,100.00 for those 3 months, how is that possible.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

That sounds absolutely ridiculous. Appeal that!

Ask very politely for financial documentation.


Short answer, but sometimes they are.

If you have any followup questions, please write back. Otherwise, please just click "accept" and provide feedback, too! Thanks,


Jane Doe Deer and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you