How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40977
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an 8 yer old son, with joint custody with my ex. i ...

Customer Question

I have an 8 yer old son, with joint custody with my ex. i feel that i should gain full custody of him due to some things that i don''t hink that my son have to experience.. such as she just move from her ex''s house back to her mothers house which is closer to me which means that i''m able to see him more but the reason that she moved is thefact that her now ex just had a PPO put out against her and kicked her and her three kids 1 of which is mine out of the house.. now she has called the school that he was currently in and they said they would pass him without finishing the the current year. she has a historyl of moving and changing jobs and i just want my child to have stable home ithout so much change, wnt him to be a part of his mothers life but i think his life would be better if he lived wth me.. could any of these events help me with this casr
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I think that you may very well have grounds to file a motion to modify custody here. The mother does not seem to be stable and the kids aren't attending school, etc. You would be arguing a change of circumstances warrants giving custody to you.

I can see that you could offer more stability than the ex here. You may need to obtain a lawyer to file and represent you here in this situation. I think that all of these events could help you in this situation. They all reflect on the ex being unstable and not being a good environment here for the child. I wish you good luck in this matter and with the ex...

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Related Family Law Questions