How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41569
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay, you guys and gals are so smart. I have been married ...

Resolved Question:

Okay, you guys and gals are so smart. I have been married since 02/19/2005. I have invested all of my income and savings including real estate sales to the tune of about $250000 in the last four years of marriage in capital improvements and new real estate purchases for this marriage. Now she wants to get rid of me. I feel really duped and I want to get back what I have invested. Any hope her. Oklahoma resident.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Oklahoma is an equitable division state. This doesn't always mean 50/50 but the court tries to do it fairly.If you made and invested $250,000 during the period you were married then you are looking at maybe getting about 1/2 of it back.

You are certainly going to need to obtain a lawyer here to file and represent you in this matter. If the spouse had incomes/property during this time you would be entitled to an equitable division of this as well. the good news is that since this is a relatively short marriage you may not be on the hook for spousal support here.

You will need the lawyer here to try and hold on to as much of what you have accumulated as possible here. Be prepared to loose at least a part of the income/holdings here. I can offer sympathy to you and hope that this turns out well for you. Good luck to you..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you