How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39027
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are fathers who have been absent for four years have a ...

Customer Question

Are fathers who have been absent for four years have a right to seek full custody of a child 4yrs of age when they live in a bad niegborhood.3 adult sons in vovolved in drugs and has served time.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 years ago.
They can certainly request full custody, but absent some serious problem with the mother, like drug addiction or a history of dangerous criminal behavior, the father is just as certain to not get it.
socrateaser and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to socrateaser's Post: would the father recieve suppervised visits if granted vistation.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 years ago.
That would be where the court would almost certainly start, unless the mother agreed to unsupervised visitation.