How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118718
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

18 year old son in speical ed will be going to college

Customer Question

18 year old son in speical ed will be going to college for vocational training. Im divorced and what to know is his father still responcable for child support? Because, he is still going to school.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
It all depends on the contents of your support agreement. Typically, the obligation for child support terminates when the child reaches 18. You could in fact go back to court and seek to get the support agreement amended, but it is not a guarantee, since 18 is generally the cut off age.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your advice. I wish I had the money to go to court. Like you said there is no guarantee.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You do not need money to go to court. Contact your state's legal aid group or your state's bar association and they will provide you with a pro bono (free) or affordable attorney to you. If you need the help, go to court and ask for it and you can get an attorney to help you with it.