How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

rights of the father

Resolved Question:

My daughter has a child by a man that has lost rights to his first child forfailure to abide by court ordered drug and alcohol courses, anger mangement courses and parenting courses. he has been convicted of a DWI since these were inacted and has served time for the DWI what right does he have with this child.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
He has parental rights and can seek custody and visitation, unless and until your daughter goes to court and seeks for his parental rights to be terminated. Also, your daughter needs some form of custody order and should seek some support for the child, just to protect herself. She should hava a family law attorney represent her in this and can get one from legal aid or the GA Bar Association free or low cost if she cannot afford one.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions