Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

rights of the father

My daughter has a child by a man that has lost rights to his first child forfailure to abide by court ordered drug and alcohol courses, anger mangement courses and parenting courses. he has been convicted of a DWI since these were inacted and has served time for the DWI what right does he have with this child.
?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
He has parental rights and can seek custody and visitation, unless and until your daughter goes to court and seeks for his parental rights to be terminated. Also, your daughter needs some form of custody order and should seek some support for the child, just to protect herself. She should hava a family law attorney represent her in this and can get one from legal aid or the GA Bar Association free or low cost if she cannot afford one.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!