Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my husband is divorcing me. he filed papers which basically ...

Customer Question
my husband is divorcing me...
my husband is divorcing me. he filed papers which basically state i get nothing to include child support. his lawyer was in the office when we "lied" on the papers to ensure he doesnt have to pay, basically stating that she will stay with him 50% of the year (this is not true). the divorce is not yet final, and i have changed my mind about not wanting child support, since he took me back once since i signed the papers. he recently turned those signed papers in, and kicked me and my child out of the house. is there any way that when we go to court, i can have the judge arrange a new agreement, or am I out of luck since i signed the papers.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/1/2008
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thanks for your question. If the matter has not been set for final hearing and signed off by the judge then you can change your mind. I suggest you consider getting your own lawyer here. The money you spend you may get back real fast here.

You may be entitled to not only child support but spousal support and other rights you did not even think about. At the least here make an appointment and take the papers here if you have copies and talk to a lawyer.

Many people don't know where to start. The State Bar of Texas has a lawyer referral service that allows you to talk to a lawyer for a minimal fee for up to 1/2 hour. The web page below will get you started. Call and make an appointment and don't delay here. You want to object before the final hearing is set and held here. Good luck to you..

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Section=Selecting_a_Lawyer&CONTENTID=3836&TEMPLATE=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer