How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31788
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i get an order of protetcion against my wifes now ...

Resolved Question:

can i get an order of protetcion against my wifes now boyfriend until the divorce is final?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 years ago.

Yes. You can file a motion with the family law judge asking that he/she enter a temporary restraining order against the boyfriend throughout the duration of the divorce.

You will have to state some grounds for the order to be entered, but this can be satisfied by telling the judge that an altercation may occur if it is not in place.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please click "Accept" so I may receive credit for my time. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Adam Kirk's Post: well here is the whole story so that i may get accurate info. i am currently in the army and stationed at ft stewart ga. while deployed to iraq, from nov 06 to feb 08, my wife became intimate with my step brother. i walked in on them in bed together. now my wife, step brother, and daughter live together. we have not even file for seperation yet. thanks for your help.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 years ago.

You should be able to get a TRO under these circumstances. Also, you could get temporary custody of your child since the mother caused the separation and is living with another man with your child.

Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you