How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I pay child support to a child in fl that may or not be ...

This answer was rated:

I pay child support to a child in fl that may or not be mine. But I calmed as mine. My ex wife has remarried and had another child by the possible father of my child. She now wants me to give up parental rights to allow him to adopt my child. If I do this and sign the paperwork she has sent me, do I still pay child support, and what do I have to do to make sure I don''t pay anymore especially during the cool of period.
In general a stepparent adoption will termination your child support obligations only when the adoption has been finalized with the court. You will still be responsible for any back child support arrears. You won't be able to suspend your financial obligations while the adoption process is in progress, your obligations will stop once the stepparent adoption has been finalized.

The Consent and waiver are the common forms to use for the stepparent adoption. If money is tight, see if you qualify for free or low cost representation with your local legal aid office. The can review the forms and provide further additional information about the parental rights you will be losing when you sign the consent and waiver.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you