How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15 year old Granddaughter ran away from her ...

Customer Question

My 15 year old Granddaughter ran away from her mother's home and refuses to go back. She is being mentally abused and threatened with physical harm by her mom (my Daughter). She is staying here with us now and I will not send her back as she will just run again.We need to establish custody and support orders ASAP. Please abvise.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Contact your local Department of Child Services and legal aid to begin the process. She could also petition for emancipation from her mother. Hope this helps.