How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Paralegal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  Paralegal with Family Law Experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a mother boyfriend whoops her chlid and left a mark. The ...

Customer Question

If a mother boyfriend whoops her chlid and left a mark. The chlids father Calls CPS and make a report. What are the chances of the mother getting sole custody, If the father is unstable.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

Not very good unless the mother has moved this boyfriend out of the house and under court order never sees the boyfriend again. The first concern the court has is for the child. CPS will review what happened and you living circumstances, and do the same with the fathers and in the worst scenario CPS will take the child from both of you for health and safety reasons and put the child in state care.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.