How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42867
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew has a restraining order against him placed by his ...

Resolved Question:

My nephew has a restraining order against him placed by his girlfriend. He has no prior problems with the law and now cannot attend prom or go to his graduation. Is there any thing that can be done? As far as I know there has not even been any charges pressed against him.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Sorry for your situation here. He has to honor the terms of the restraining order. If it bars him from this place then unfortunately he needs to stay away. It can be a crime to violate a restraining order.

He does not need that on his record. Unless you have an attorney try and bring this up before the court that issued it and get it changed than it would stand. There were reasons that ti was issued. The court would have to revisit these issues and change the order here, otherwise he can't go . Again I'm sorry but these orders are usually real specific for a reason to put people on notice of who and where they need to stay away from..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you