How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed for divorce from my husband. I filed a ...

Resolved Question:

I have filed for divorce from my husband. I filed a petition and received an answer. Now he has filed a counter complaint asking for joint and physical custody of my son. It states that he prays for a pendente lite hearing. What is that?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


He is asking for a temporary court order NOW.....while the action is pending (pendente lite) for the custody and maybe other relief to be in force until the final divorce decree.



This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.


rvlaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions