How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Expert Your Own Question
Family Expert
Family Expert, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 Years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Expert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x-wife said would except $13,000 to get my life back ...

Customer Question

My x-wife said would except $13,000 to get my life back from child support. I owe $33,000 because of interest. Can I have a written agreement made from her, so she won''t come back and take me to court? I have no job, no car, no life with my wife. My wife is supporting me now. This cannot continue. I want my life back.....
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Expert replied 9 years ago.

Private off the boooks agreements with Ex concerning child support are very risky - she could come after you a year from now and the deal will mean nothing to a judge - much better to get it in writing and present it to the Court and have the court approve it! Then you will be okay!


All the best,

Family Expert and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Will she need to have her lawyer draw out the agreement or shoud I get a lawyer to write an agreement and have her sign it?
Expert:  Family Expert replied 9 years ago.

Either way, probably she will want to have her lawyer review it - just get the judge to "approve"!