How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are separating. He wants to stay in the ...

Resolved Question:

My husband and I are separating. He wants to stay in the house (rented) and I move out to an apartment. We have a two year old daughter that will move between us equally. I want to make sure, if we end up having to divorce, that I''m not doing anything wrong that will effect the outcome of custody of our daughter if I move out of the house. Our daughter would stay with him one night in the house, me in the apt next night.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 9 years ago.
If you do end up divorcing in the future, your moving out now will not make any difference. The fact that you are working out a fair custody arrangement while separated will only help when you file for joint custody as part of your divorce. Now unless you are wanting sole custody with only limited visitation for the father, your arragnement is very mature and in the best interest of your daughter.
legaleagle and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions